Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"It's the End of the World as We Know It!" or "Enough Troubles for Today"

The other day I went and checked the mail and in the mail was a pamphlet from Texas letting me know the end of the world was going to be this week! (Thanks for the warning!) Some guy had looked in the Bible and figured out the secret countdown for the world's expiration date and it is on May 21, 2011.

At first, I was so relieved because I have A LOT to get done, and if the world is ending then I don't have to do most of it! However, I know that even though I am not guaranteed to wake up on May 22nd, the odds are I will. So I continue to plan and work and look forward to my vacation next month! I have decided the end of the world is not a good enough reason for let up on the tasks God has given me for this day, this week, and this year! No matter what some guy who misuses Scripture to prove whatever point He is trying to make.

It amazes me, this guy could know something which Jesus did not even know. The Scriptures clearly says it is not up to us to figure the times or dates of the these things. I have got enough stuff going on in my life which requires my time, energy, prayer, and focus without having to worry if the world is going to end this week or next week or next year or whenever. I just try to remember Christ is coming back and I just need to be ready when He does, whenever He does.

So, on May 21st, I will be getting ready for May 22nd, Sunday, to worship the God who has all these things under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment