Sunday, January 30, 2011

"A Messy Relationship" or "Intimacy with God"

If there is one word which would describe my prayer life, it would be messy. I know, as a Pastor, my description ought to inspire and convey a sense of desire to reach out to God more and more. I wish I could, but the reality of it is my prayer life is so messy and fraught with contradiction. There are times when they are so full of faith and confidence. Then there are times when I hardly know what to even say. These times I come to God and wonder whether or not He even wants to listen to me when I have failed Him over and over. But the amazing thing is, He always is there to hear me, no matter what. That's what a Father does.

Prayer is one of the most important things we can do as followers of Jesus. It helps to keep us connected to a God who who wants to spend time with us and help us. In the past couple days, we have two amazing healings take place simply because God's People took time and asked Him to do it. But what about the times when God says no. What do we do then? If you are like me, then comes the pouting and the sulking and the questioning and sometimes the anger. But God is so patient with us, He is still there waiting for us to simply trust that He has the Best in mind.

What are you waiting for God to do? Our you willing for it not to be done in order to see God's best? (Even it is painful in the process?) Trust and Obey for there is no other way to happy in Jesus, than to Trust and Obey! Great Hymn, Great Truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment