Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Thanksgiving Fun!" or "Am I Really Related To These People??"

This past week we along with millions of others celebrated Thanksgiving with family. Of course we had the turkey and dressing, the cranberry sauce and the pumpkin pie, and the green bean casserole and the homemade rolls. But we also had something that I had somehow forgotten how special it was to me, Family.
I know my family is, how shall I say it, unique. Before the meal began we were watch the first football game and then all of a sudden came one of the loudest burps I had ever heard in my life! I was even more shocked to turn and see that it came from my Grandmother! To which she replied, "That was some good Coke!" Another incident came soon after when my aunt, you know who you are, confessed to "borrowing" her neighbors paper. The paper which had all the ads in it for the next morning's Black Friday sales! Shame shame shame! Or the interesting interaction between Ruby and everyone else who dare to try to hold her. (Ruby is my 50 pound English Bulldog) And that is just 3 of the things which happened! I could on and on but the point is that Thanksgiving was loud, crazy, and eventful! And I loved every minute of it! I laughed and laughed at all the crazy people who claim to be related to me, but I don't see how that is possible!
But even in the midst of the lunacy, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I can't imagine what a normal Thanksgiving must be like. Thank-you Lord for these people you have put in my life who have helped shape who I am today! After all, I need to be able to blame someone!

1 comment:

  1. What exactly is a "normal" Thanksgiving?

    Ruby cannot weigh 50 pounds!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete