Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Christmas Fun" or "We're #1"

The other day we all decided to go out and look at the various Christmas light displays around town. Of course, we decided to do this on a weekend when every person in the tristate area was out doing the same thing! So as we are driving we pull out on the main road and a car comes zooming by us and decides to spread some Christmas cheer by flipping us off! My 8 year old sweet, innocent daughter sees this and asks from the back, "what is he doing?" So, in my usual and sarcastic way, I tell her he is just saying, "I'm #1, I'm #1".
A few days later we are driving a truck pulls out right in front of us and I have to swerve to miss from hitting him. then from the back we hear the sweet angelic voice of my 11 year exclaim, "We're #1, We're #1". (I have never been more proud in all my life! - Please note the sarcastic tone here.) I told her right them and there she had just made into my blog once again. She protested until I threatened with some other more revealing stories in which I could tell! Then, it was o.k.
I started thinking about all the stories my family could tell on me. All the stories they could embarrass me with. Then I thought about how this is a pretty good example of of what Family is all about. Family is when people have all kinds of dirt on you and but they leave their shovel at home! so, Mysha, Kisha, and Steph, don't worry I'll leave the really good stuff alone! Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment