Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Give Me! Give Me! Give Me!

For past 2 weeks, God has been doing some things quite extraordinary in my life and one of them has to do with my prayer life. I do a morning quiet time and usually my prayer time goes something like this...
Lord,
Thank-You for this day and all you do for me. Please bless us in all we do today. Help me to follow You in all things. Help me to say the words You want me to say. Please take care of this and this and this and this and this and this, etc.... AMEN!
Now, there is nothing wrong with asking the Lord for provisions and guidance. (In fact, He tells us to.) The problem I found was I never spent any time in worship! Remember worship is about giving thanks for who He is! So, for the last 2 weeks I have been on a "requests ban"! What I mean is, I do not ask Him for anything during my quiet time. When people ask me to pray for them, I pray for them right then and there. When I have an issue or a problem, I pray for it when it happens. But in my quiet time in the morning, it's all about Him. I've been just lathering Him with love and devotion! Imagine that, showing Him devotion in my devotional time.
The results have been unreal. I can not believe how my outlook on life has changed. I live at peace no matter the circumstance. My trust and faith have grown immeasurably because every morning I am reminded of how GREAT He is. I am shown every morning that He is in charge of all things. He is never taken off guard or surprised by what might happen. He already has a plan in place for the situations we face. Therefore, worry is a great enemy in our lives because worry says we do not trust that God either knows about it or cares about it or both.
Take the next week and spend time with just you and God and in that time do not ask for a single thing. Instead give to Him what He wants most of all, us.

No comments:

Post a Comment