Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Every Day Counts" or "Being Consistent"

The last time I wrote about Mysha and the legacy she is now continuing in with Cross Country. Well, She had her first meet last Saturday and beat her best time by 2 minutes!!!! I was amazed by the acheivenment and I asked her what made the diference. She looked at me and said, "Every Day Counts, Dad!"
This statement has been marinating in my head for almost a week now. It is so simple and yet so profound. Steph's favorite phrase here lately has been, "Be the Change You Want to See". We sit around waiting for something to happen. We all complain about how things are. We all dream about how things could be. But what do we do about it? We need to be the change we want to see in the world with the understanding that every day does count so let's get started! Thanks Mykaela for those words of wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment